Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

Inserting records from Nested Repeat Regions

Posted 07 Jan 2008 05:20:59
has voted
07 Jan 2008 05:20:59 gabs babs posted:
Hi,

I'm attempting to build a page that shows and updates extended options for a primary object a user has previously selected.

I've build a page made up of a primary recordset that is used to get values for 4 other recordsets. The primary recordset is used by the main repeat region. Another recordset is used to create a pulldown menu and the other 3 recordsets are used by 3 more repeat regions (each with check boxes) that reside within a table within the main repeat region.

I've put some values in the table and have managed to get all the objects to correctly reflect the users existing selections. I am having trouble working out how to insert/update the appropriate value for each object or more specifically how to determine the value for each object within the scope of each main repeat region.

If we just take the pulldown menu for example, then the area's would show:

Primary Repeat Region shows:
Line 1:
Primary Object value = 1
MenuObject = 3
Line 2:
Primary Object value = 2
MenuObject = 4
Line 3:
Primary Object value = 5
MenuObject = 3

I need to associate the two values by inserting them both in the same record, how I get the values for MenuObject but only for the associated PrimaryObject?

I can do a loop on the Primary Object but the MenuObject returns the same value each time. (they are both named xx[]) I can't really loop both objects because they are not related in any way so a loop of the MenuObject would loop for all regions.. I would imagine.

I thought I had the answer with a multi dimensional array but that would just give a many to many relationship across all repeated regions.

I figure is I can show all the areas correctly surely there is a way I can store the information for each of them correctly too.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

gabs

Replies

Replied 24 Jan 2008 14:06:33
24 Jan 2008 14:06:33 Vince Baker replied:
can you not create a nested recordset inside the loop through each primary record? This way you can filter the recordset on the primary record ID and you will get a secondary ID that matches for each time you move through the loop

Regards

Vince Baker
<strong>DMX Zone Manager</strong>

[VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | AS400 | ERP Logic | Hosting]
Replied 13 Feb 2008 09:34:53
13 Feb 2008 09:34:53 qiuqiu qiuqiu replied:
healer is any class with the ability to heal other characters. Healers include Shamans, Paladins, Druids, and the best healer: the Priest. A group is always betterwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow gold kaufenbuy wow goldwow geldwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow powow orwow goldworld of warcraft gold off with a healer. Parties without a healer are possible, but are typically more challenging and, some say, less fun. Healers are very popular in parties. Purpose: To heal party members and keep them alive. Healers are not for everyone. There are good healers and bad healers. Good healers do a good job of healing everyone and almost always heal at the right time; bad healers don't.wow gold kaufenbuy wow goldwow geldwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow powow orwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow gold kaufenbuy wow gold Always try to learn and accept tips on becoming a better healer. Good healers are in high demand. If you're a good healer, word spreads and people remember you. You may find yourself finding more groups and more respect! How to be a Good Healer Always pay attention to party members' hit points. You don't want to be in a situation where party members die and you could have saved them if you were paying attention.Learn control methods to heal people faster. One way to wow geldwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow powow orwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow gold kaufenbuy wow goldwow geldwow goldworld of warcraft goldwow powow ordo it is with hot keys such as Function keys which select party members and the number keys associated with the healing spell.Give a verbal confirmation that you're healing someone so they don't freak out or think you're not "on it." Example: "healing j" Let your party members know they can always ask for healing or remind you at any time. They can even use the voice macro: "/v heal".If a monster is attacking you, preventing you from healing, wow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldwow goldWow goldwow goldwow goldlet the tank know so he can save you. Mana Spell ManagementAs the healer levels up, the healer receives multiple healing spells. It's important that the healer figures out what is the best heal to use for the situation. There are factors to consider such as cast time (don't want people to die while casting), and healing per mana cost. It's wise to keep several healing spells on the action bar and use them based on the situation L&#9734;VE&#30031;&#22003;&#36867;&#24792;S&#9733;D [http://lilith929.qzone.qq.com]
blog

Reply to this topic