Forums

This topic is locked

Creating form to email on Dreamweaver MX on a MAC

Posted 26 Mar 2008 21:04:12
has voted
26 Mar 2008 21:04:12 E S posted:
I'm trying to create a form where after the user keys in a few simple fields they can press a submit button (named submit) and it will send an email with all the vaules from the fields below, even if they are blank.

The fields with an * I have set to be required. I have this form already built in DreamWeaver and looks great.

They problem I'm having is getting code setup for the submit. Not sure if I should be using ASP, ASP.NET, PHP or what? What is the most stable, efficient and most current being used today? I know it depends on the host side and what they support but assuming they support all.

Now I'm doing this on a MAC and want to be able to test this and from what I understand, and I could be wrong ,is that cdonts is windows based. So any help would be great including any script.
Also after the submit is successful I want the user to be redirected to a formcomplete.htm page I have setup.

Thanks!

------- these are the TextField names -------

Company Name *
First Name *
Last Name
Title
Email Address *
Phone *
City
State

------- These are check boxes I have setup, these are the CheckBox names -------

Product 1
Product 2
Product 3
Product 4

------- A comment field this is the TextField name -------
Comment<b></b><b></b>

Replies

Replied 27 Mar 2008 05:41:17
27 Mar 2008 05:41:17 Javier Castro replied:
I you would have it all it would depend on what you feel most comfortable with. In my case ASP is my favourite but I can do some things with PHP.

PHP Form would help you generate the code for the email form processor. And for ASP there are a bunch of places where you can get a tutorial to send email.

Javier
"I'm a slow learner and I forget fast" grandpa
DW | FW | ASP | HTML | CSS
Replied 27 Mar 2008 15:33:46
27 Mar 2008 15:33:46 Alan C replied:
Hi

i do all my development work on a mac - then finally check it out on a pc to make sure it works ok. have a look at 'forms to go' it generates code for forms, there is a mac and pc version.

Like Javier syas you need asp or php - I use php because it's open source, but as far as I know there is nothing that one of them can do that the other can't do
Replied 28 Mar 2008 11:17:41
28 Mar 2008 11:17:41 Charles Knight replied:
Need to be careful with emailing forms from a website...

A few of my sites got hijacked and shut down by the ISP because some f^&*()@#er managed to use the code to send out all their spam via my sites.

I upgraded the code using a brilliant piece of work by Mike Hall

www.brainjar.com/asp/formmail/

I managed to alter this to include a variety of drop downs, check boxes etc, the form function page checks to make sure its not being hijacked etc etc, shold solve your problem.

Let me know if you get stuck,

CK

DW8 | ASP | ACCESS
Replied 12 Apr 2008 20:39:53
12 Apr 2008 20:39:53 Richard H replied:
on the form you could set the action to mailto:[your email] like this

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;form action="mailto: "&gt; </font id=code></pre id=code>

then when you click submit it will email the fields to you....
but like he said that could be bad too.

Edited by - Redxzed on 12 Apr 2008 20:41:32
This reply was removed on 1/31/2012 4:34:07 PM.
See the changelog
Replied 06 Feb 2012 10:24:44
06 Feb 2012 10:24:44 Mablecnnk kandor replied:
i been working on a website for a doctor's office, and I'm making a appointment form where people can sign up and it would send the information to the doctor's email.
Uprinting Coupon Code

Reply to this topic