Forums

This topic is locked

Issue in re-installing dmx extension

Posted 08 Oct 2008 10:04:44
has voted
08 Oct 2008 10:04:44 Pascal Derathe posted:
Hello
I had the same problem in the past (but I can't find my previous posts in thi forum):

I Try to reinstall the DMX extensions thru the Adobe Extension manager (Active Photo Viewer ; Advance layer Popup ;Active Slide Show Pro; Open Windows 3 ; Flash Album Generator 3). The installation process seems to work fine. Then when I re+open dreamweaver (CS3) I don't see this extensions .. and I can't use it of course

Thanks for your help

Pascal Derathé (Lyon - France)

Replies

Replied 28 Oct 2008 18:12:01
28 Oct 2008 18:12:01 Pascal Derathe replied:
Nobody to help ?
In the past Georg you answered quicker
Replied 27 Dec 2008 12:07:32
27 Dec 2008 12:07:32 Pascal Derathe replied:
UP

What can I do I have bought DMX extensions ..... but I can't install them

Is that fair ?

Georg are you still alive ?
Replied 02 Feb 2009 23:47:50
02 Feb 2009 23:47:50 Joel Rea replied:
Pascal, apparently "support" is something no longer done in these parts.

I, too, have about a dozen extensions I bought and paid for but cannot use, many of them for years now.

Here are the fixes that they told me to try. You can try them on yours and see if they work for you. They didn't for me:

1. Delete your WinFileCache-(random).dat file. This is a Hidden file (so you need to set your Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Option / View to show Hidden and System files) located in your Windows user account's Documents and Settings folder, then Adobe (or Macromedia if prior to DW CS3) subfolder, then Configuration subfolder.

2. Delete the "*.mno" files for the appropriate extensions found in the "Commands/_notes" subfolder of the aforementioned Configuration subfolder.

3. Remove and reinstall the Extensions in Extension Manager.

4. Launch Dreamweaver. You should be given the chance to re-authorize your Extensions, which would be a sign that the upgrades "took."
Replied 03 Feb 2009 17:22:05
03 Feb 2009 17:22:05 Patrick Woldberg replied:
When you have problems with an extension you should post in the support forum, there the support crew will help you quickly. You can find the links to the support forums at the product page and in the new design there is also a link in the My Zone.

The general forums are not for support and moderated only by volunteers who don't know about the extensions sold. Maybe it isn't clear for everyone, but in almost every forum we have a sticky topic about it and at the product pages there is a direct link to the support forum for that specific product. For third party extension sold here it's the same, any support given can be found at the product page.

Reply to this topic