Forums

This topic is locked

Connecting to MS SQL 2005

Posted 26 Nov 2008 02:54:45
has voted
26 Nov 2008 02:54:45 Andy Lucas posted:
In Dreamweaver, the create recordset or command, and next to the connection selector there is a button "Define" which opens the Custom Connection String dialog. the Advanced button opens the Restrict dialog where you can enter a schema name (or path?)

Does anyone have the understanding of how to create a schema to let Dreamweaver know to restrict database objects from being listed in the Dreamweaver command/recordset dialog.

When I try to connect to my Stored Procedures in MS SQL 2005 it can take a full 10 minutes to load if it doesn't crash Dreamweaver first, which of course makes it impossible to use in a practical day to day way. So i figure that reducing the objects returned would shorten the time it takes to load.

Can you help?

Regards
Andy

Replies

Replied 04 Dec 2008 16:16:35
04 Dec 2008 16:16:35 Vince Baker replied:
Have you created your schema in your SQL database? If you have you should be able to specify the database name etc and then identify your schema and it will automatically use only this schema view.

I would run a simple test and create a schema on a single table and then see if that restricts what is shown in the DW table options.

Regards

Vince Baker
<strong>DMX Zone Manager</strong>

[VBScript | ASP | HTML | CSS | SQL | Oracle | AS400 | ERP Logic | Hosting]
Replied 04 Dec 2008 17:04:47
04 Dec 2008 17:04:47 Andy Lucas replied:
Thanks for that Vince
but what I was asking is how do you go about creating the schema in the db?

Cheers
Andy

Reply to this topic