Forums

This topic is locked

Is Dreamweaver v. 10 (CS4) Worth the Upgrade ?

Posted 27 Nov 2008 23:16:59
has voted
27 Nov 2008 23:16:59 Danny Weiss posted:
I've been using Dreamweaver v. 8.x for quite some time now and am wondering if the upgrade to Dreamweaver ver. 10 (CS4) is really worth the time and money in terms of benefits and features, or if perhaps there is a version 11 on the near horizon that is more worth waiting for. Anyone have any thoughts and information on this? Is version 10 something that will truly make a difference and provide solid service for a number of years?

Quite simply, I don't like (and cannot afford) to upgrade software packages for every little change and fix, but things like truly useful WYSIWYG for CSS, improved PHP integration, and the like could make a real difference in my work. I'd appreciate any thoughts you might be able to offer.

FWIW, I would probably buy the CS4 Web Premium Suite, unless someone has a really good reason to convince me to add things like InDesign, After Effects, and Adobe Premiere Pro to the package (I've never done anything with video, though I sometimes move between web and print, and vice-versa.. My general objective is to have a good set of tools for general purpose web work, plus Photoshop and Acrobat, that will last me for at least several years without the need for further upgrades.

Again, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts and comments you can offer on these issues.

Thanks very much for the advice,

-Danny.
-Web: www.dannyweiss.net
-E-Mail: www.dannyweiss.net/contact

Reply to this topic