Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Reply To option on Smartmailor

Posted 17 Apr 2009 17:22:55
has voted
17 Apr 2009 17:22:55 Gareth Tannatt Nash posted:
Hello Guys

we are using the Smartmailor extension which is great one question though when we are sending the emails which are actually job applications we are sending from noreply@ as previouusly we had aloud the applicant to use their own email address but the emails were being treated as spam and were not getting to their destination.

Sadly since going down the noreply@ route we have noticed a lot of replies to our noreply@ address which means that the replies are not getting to their destination ... the applicants.

I know that with a normal email there are the following choices -

From
To
CC
BCC
ReplyTo

and I was wondering whether it is possible to use the reply to option within the code below >> so that when someone just hits the reply button in outlook it goes to the replyto rather than the from...????

Hope this makes sense and is possible?

Cheers

<
%' Smart Mailer 1.0.7
' Send on load
Server.ScriptTimeout = 300
Set sm1 = new SmartMailer
sm1.checkVersion "1.07"
sm1.contentCharset = "iso-8859-1"
Session.CodePage = sm1.getCodepage()
sm1.smtpSetup "", "", "", ""
sm1.pickup = ""
sm1.component = "cdo"
sm1.tmpFolder = ""
sm1.embedImages = false
sm1.progressBar = ""
sm1.ignore_errors = true
sm1.useQueue = false
sm1.setFrom Recordset1.Fields.Item("JBSURLShort").Value, Recordset1.Fields.Item("JBSNoReplyEmail").Value
sm1.setTo emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBEName").Value, emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBEUsername").Value
sm1.setCc emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBAConkersEmail").Value, emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBAConkersEmail").Value
sm1.setBcc "", ""
sm1.Subject = "" & (emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBATitle").Value) & " Application"
' using static for body
sm1.setBody_Static_text "Dear " & (emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBEName").Value) & "," & vbCRLF & "" & vbCRLF & "Please find the application of " & (emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBAPName").Value) & " for your " & (emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBATitle").Value) & " vacancy advertised on " & (Recordset1.Fields.Item("JBSURLShort").Value) & "" & vbCRLF & "" & vbCRLF & "" & (emailApplication.Fields.Item("JBAPCoveringLetter").Value) & ""
' Attachments from recordset
sm1.setAttRecord emailApplication, "JBAPCV"
sm1.sendMail "one"
Response.Redirect "applicationsent.asp"
%>

Replies

Replied 13 May 2009 12:58:05
13 May 2009 12:58:05 Gareth Tannatt Nash replied:
Hey guys support of your products here is excellent, it really inspires me to buy more extensions from you. I would be grateful if someone could respond to my query, before I am left with little choice but to ditch the smartmuilor extension and buy one of your competitors extensions,... needless to say if that happens, i'll buy all my future extensions elsewhere

Reply to this topic