Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Posted 22 May 2009 19:57:15
has voted
22 May 2009 19:57:15 Craig Hennon posted:
I been stuck on this for over a week now. I created a site using Dreamweaver CS4 with .asp pages. The site worked before but now when I transferred the files to my home computer, I can't log into my own site. When I put in my username and password, I get the following error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/index.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

I been surfing the forums for an answer, but having no luck. Can anywone help me? or offer me suggestions? I'm frustrated.

Thanks,
Craig

Replies

Replied 06 Aug 2009 16:20:48
06 Aug 2009 16:20:48 Owen Eastwick replied:
Hi Craig,

If the site was running OK on another server, then the problem is most likely to be an issue with the set-up of IIS on your home PC.

It's always worth typing these error messages into google to see what they turn up:
www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&newwindow=1&q=Active+Server+Pages+error+%27ASP+0115%27&btnG=Search&meta=

Try these: classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-solve-asp-0115-errors.html

I always have a bit of fun and games setting up IIS on my local PC as it's something I only do when I upgrade or change OS. My approach is more trial and error than procedure, so I won't attempt to advise you on that, with Windows Vista in particular I recall it was necessary to change quite a few things to get Classic ASP pages runniing. Try searching Google for IIS setup for ASP with either XP or Vista, whichever you are using.

Reply to this topic