Forums

This topic is locked

How to use Ajax to refresh Calendar Events

Posted 07 Jul 2009 15:27:04
has voted
07 Jul 2009 15:27:04 Roddy Dairion posted:
Hi,
I have a calendar built in php, i want to know if there's a way to use ajax to refresh the events that are displayed on the day for this calendar? Like an auto refresh every two seconds, that doesn't load the full page but just the count of events. I can do it if load the full calendar again but not for each specific date. Here how the calendar looks like.

Replies

Replied 13 Apr 2010 07:45:18
13 Apr 2010 07:45:18 Hassan rok replied:
You can use ajax to refresh Calendar Events Online calendars are often used in many web applications. Though popular, the logic behind creating a calendar can be scary especially for those who are new to programming. There are many web calendars in the market but some of them are quite complicated. If we are not able to understand the code, it becomes harder for us to customise the calendar to fit into our existing application. As such, we need to create a calendar that can plug itself into any system seamlessly without problems. Whether we are using Wordpress, Mambo/Joomla or Drupal, we should only need to insert one line into our code for the calendar to work.

Edited by - Hassan rok on 13 Apr 2010  07:46:08

Reply to this topic