Forums

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver extension installation

Posted 17 Sep 2009 17:35:37
has voted
17 Sep 2009 17:35:37 jean-claude jcg posted:
I recently bought Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium.
Just before installing it I desinstalled my Old Dreamweaver MX2004. Simultaneously, in fact, I desinstalled MY extension "Advanced Layer Popup 1.05.
To day i tried to install this extension on Dreamweaver CS4.
The installation was successfull up to the Advanced Layer Popup Installation Wizzard
I clicked on "Next"
The windo Eula End User License Agreement appeared (registration routine)
I Clicked on "Next" and... Nothing occured, not any apparent action
To continue I had to clic on the "Cancel" button and naturally the installation was not complete!
Platform Windows Xp SP3, last revision, Antivirus and Firewall desactivated during session
Can you help me?

Replies

Replied 17 Sep 2009 21:29:05
17 Sep 2009 21:29:05 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Jean-Claude,

Did you again install the 1.05 version, or did you download the latest 1.07 version (www.dmxzone.com/go?12769)?
Please make sure you try to install the latest version.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 21 Sep 2009 20:46:20
21 Sep 2009 20:46:20 jean-claude jcg replied:
Hi Patrick
I tried to install version 1.05 without success. I then downloaded and installed the version 1.07 successfully.
I draw your attention to the problems posed by the only validates the last revision.
If this revision is not fully compatible with previous revisions, this requires updating all the records of the revision used by the customer.
In case of no backward compatibility, it can cause an enormous workload and it requires knowing precisely the changes to pass a revision to another.
The customer may not wish to change the revision and I think you should allow him to reload a previous revision if he modifies his computer or his software base.
Fortunately, I was able to verify that the revision 1.07 was perfectly compatible with the features I used.

I greatly appreciate Advanced layer popup because, to my knowledge this is the only application on the market that offers the ability to display images with an upper band in which we can write the desired text (brilliant proposal).

I have a few small problems:
1 - Character ' is not accepted (this is normal, this is a separator). Can be substituted without problem Character `
2 - The images are automatically resized because of the introduction of the strip.
This is especially visible on smaller images. To avoid this, I add in the configuration window 4 px on the horizontal dimension and 33 px on the vertical dimension, as for example, an image 360x240px, to get a popup image of 360x240, I put in the window setting 364 and 273
3 - The size of the font characters displayed in the banner is sometimes difficult to read. To adjust this size, I add to the page that needs resizing :
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.dmxWindow h2 { font-size: x% } x percentage value to adjust the characters size
-->
</style>

Best regards
Replied 21 Sep 2009 22:37:32
21 Sep 2009 22:37:32 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Jean-Claude,

Thanks for your extensive reply.

All revisions for extensions are fully backward compatible. New versions only contain small bugfixes and additional options. All previous options remain.

You say you have a few minor problems. Are they really problems? In your reply you already come up with your own solutions......

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic