Forums

This topic is locked

Documentation management system using Dreamweaver CS3

Posted 12 Mar 2010 19:23:15
has voted
12 Mar 2010 19:23:15 Steve VanHove posted:
I am creating a documentation management system for a client using Dreamweaver CS3.

I understand the dynamic process pretty well using the built-in tools. But I need to go beyond the master-detail page sets.

This is what I want to happen:
  1. Customer is presented with a dynamic list of product categories.
  2. Customer clicks on a category and is presented with a dynamic list of products in that category
  3. Customer clicks on a product and is presented with the documentation for that product.

4. I can create all of these individual pages, but I don’t know how to make the transition from one page to the next happen.

I know the answer lies in passing along information from one page to the next, but I am more of a designer than programmer and need a little direction.

If someone could help it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

Replied 15 Mar 2010 19:05:05
15 Mar 2010 19:05:05 Steve VanHove replied:
I found the answer to this myself. Dreamweaver makes easy work of this for a non-programmer.

When linking to the next dynamic page, I needed to select Parameters [next to the URL window] in the link dialog box in Dreamweaver. In the recordset on the next page, I needed to filter the results for the variable passed by the previous page.

Reply to this topic