Forums

This topic is locked

DMX updater for Creative Suite

Posted 05 Apr 2010 20:31:45
has voted
05 Apr 2010 20:31:45 Christopher Schiebel posted:
I realize that it is a courtesy to inform your customers that there is an update to a plug-in, but it also benefits you in that you get fewer support questions from older versions, etc. It however stops being a courtesy when the updater becomes obtrusive and asks me on each load that there are "x new extensions" online. It then amounts to a very obnoxious advertisement. Seriously, it not only is obtrusive, but I shouldn't have to click cancel each time I load one of my applications when I am in the middle of a design build. It interrupts my work flow which I find very irritating. Could you PLEASE change it so that it maybe only informs us this when we install a new plug-in or when we load the Creative Suite plug-in manager? [!]

I'm almost to the point of removing it, but I thought I would give one last go at convincing you that your clever marketing trick is more intrusive than it should be.

Replies

Replied 06 Apr 2010 12:16:40
06 Apr 2010 12:16:40 Patrick Woldberg replied:
In the options of the updater you can select the frequency it should check and you can also turn it off and check manually. Also you have to click OK, then it won't show up again until the next interval when there are new updates. When you click cancel it will ask you every time you start Dreamweaver
Replied 21 Apr 2010 01:50:21
21 Apr 2010 01:50:21 Christopher Schiebel replied:
QuoteIn the options of the updater you can select the frequency it should check and you can also turn it off and check manually. Also you have to click OK, then it won't show up again until the next interval when there are new updates. When you click cancel it will ask you every time you start Dreamweaver

Thanks Pat.

You guys need better search functionality. I tried searching and I couldn't find this post again until I just accidentally spotted it. Also, clicking on my name only brought up an extension idea I submitted years ago. [:I]

Edited by - Christopher Schiebel on 21 Apr 2010  01:51:09

Reply to this topic