Forums

This topic is locked

Dynamic Table Expansion

Posted 22 Aug 2010 21:09:30
has voted
22 Aug 2010 21:09:30 jeff Napadow posted:
Is there any tool out there that can let the end user expand the dynamic table in a horizontal direction? I used the Dreamweaver Toolbox to create my forms and dynamic List but the list is waaay too wide. I'd like to shrink it and give the end-user an option to expand it. Like have the important data visible and the not so important in the expandable or details part.

Replies

Replied 11 Nov 2010 03:39:28
11 Nov 2010 03:39:28 Brad Lawryk replied:
Hi Jeff,

In the ADDT you can display the columns in the order you wish. What I have done in the past for such issues is to use an extension called Horizontal scroller magic. I hope its okay to mention it here since I don't see an extension here that does the same thing.

I was able to have visible the important columns and if the reader needed to see more they just used the horizontal scroll bar.

I believe the Ajax Datagrid here on DMX Zone will allow you to actually resize your columns. However I am still waiting for a chance to play with the Datagrid - but the ADDT is now discontinued and I would recommend not using it for any major projects.

Reply to this topic