Forums

This topic is locked

Help with Dreamweaver problem please

Posted 28 Aug 2010 21:30:35
has voted
28 Aug 2010 21:30:35 Peter Clinch posted:
Hopefully someone can help me by possibly recognising this problem:

Suddenly my Dreamweaver Version 8.0 (which has worked perfectly for years) has ground virtually to a halt - I'm sure it's since a DMX Active Slideshow update uploaded recently. I have DMX's Flash Album Generator 2 & Active Slideshow added to my Dreamweaver:

Now when I load DW8 I get the following alert:-

While executing onload in ActSlideshow10-onStartUp.htm the following J'script error occurred:In file "ActSlideshow10-onStartUp"" Reference errorn startUp is not defined.

Now when I open any html file I get:

While executing onload in-onOpen.htm, the following J'script error occurred;
In file ""-onOpen""
Reference error: on Open is not defined.

Other error messages now constantly coming up:

1/The following translators were not loaded due to errors: ASP.htm: has configuration information that is invalid. Server Model SS1.htm has configuration information that is invalid. XSLT.htm has configuration information that is invalid.

2/While executing on-load in TeamAdminTempDelete.html the following Javascript error occurred in file “”TeamAdminTempDelete”” Reference Error: delTempFile is not defined.

Grateful for any help you can give me. I tried to reload DW but it made no difference. I asked Adobe for help but they apparently don't care to reply to queries about their 'old product' Dreameaver 8. Nice
Any help would be much appreciated.
Edited by - Peter Clinch on 28 Aug 2010  21:32:17

Edited by - Peter Clinch on 28 Aug 2010  21:39:54

Replies

Replied 30 Aug 2010 20:05:59
30 Aug 2010 20:05:59 Peter Clinch replied:
After a reply and support notes from the Adobe 0pen forum I followed their suggested solutions, including isolating the DMX extensions, but without success. However I then un-installed and then re installed DW8 and the Javascript error messages have stopped thankfully. If I have any further trouble when I re-install the DMX extensions I will report back.

Edited by - Peter Clinch on 30 Aug 2010  20:06:44
Replied 10 Nov 2010 19:43:18
10 Nov 2010 19:43:18 Peter Clinch replied:
Recently re-installed DMX's Flash Album Generator 2 & Active Slideshow to my Dreamweaver 8 on Windows 7:

The same problem exists - I get the following messages:

While executing onload in ActSlideshow10-onStartUp.htm the following J'script error occurredn file "ActSlideshow10-onStartUp"" Reference errorn startUp is not defined.

Now when I open any html file I get:

While executing onload in-onOpen.htm, the following J'script error occurred;
In file ""-onOpen""
Reference error: on Open is not defined.

Other error messages now constantly coming up:

1/The following translators were not loaded due to errors: ASP.htm: has configuration information that is invalid. Server Model SS1.htm has configuration information that is invalid. XSLT.htm has configuration information that is invalid.

2/While executing on-load in TeamAdminTempDelete.html the following Javascript error occurred in file “”TeamAdminTempDelete”” Reference Error: delTempFile is not defined.

This makes my DMX products un-usable
Grateful for somebody's help
Replied 11 Nov 2010 03:29:24
11 Nov 2010 03:29:24 Brad Lawryk replied:
This is actually a fairly common problem. Try the solution in the link below. Has worked perfectly for me many times with DW issues in the past.

forums.adobe.com/message/2260933#2260933
Replied 14 Nov 2010 20:34:42
14 Nov 2010 20:34:42 Peter Clinch replied:
Thank you Brad. Clearing the Dreamweaver cache appears to have solved my problem.
I had similar advice from Teodor Kuduschiev who directed me to Miroslav Zografski's post on this forum on May 27 2009.
Thank you all for your help.
Replied 07 Jan 2011 09:09:27
07 Jan 2011 09:09:27 stephan ieiramire replied:
I am trying to edit our website www.clevelandupover.co.uk using Dreamweaver MX 2004, but am unable to get any images actually showing on the web, they just come up as blank squares with a red X? What am I doing wrong?
Acai Thermo
Replied 11 Jan 2011 17:41:48
11 Jan 2011 17:41:48 Brad Lawryk replied:
Have you uploaded the images to the server as well as the page? You must upload all files, not just the created page and it must have the same directory structure.
Replied 16 Mar 2011 13:11:17
16 Mar 2011 13:11:17 Andy Hughes replied:
Hey Brad,
Just wanted to say thanks for your post reply, I had the same problem as Peter. I've had issues with software before where forums have said "go look at this post and it'll fix your problem" and inevitably it hasn't!

Yours however, was spot on. I followed the instructions restarted Dreamweaver and it's back to normal.

So, again, thanks for a much useful, much needed reference post.

Andy
Replied 18 Mar 2011 02:33:31
18 Mar 2011 02:33:31 Brad Lawryk replied:
No problem Andy,

Glad it worked for you.

Brad Lawryk
Adobe Community Professional: Dreamweaver
Northern British Columbia Adobe Usergroup: Manager
Thompson Rivers University: Dreamweaver Instructor
My Adobe Blog: blog.lawryk.com

Reply to this topic