Forums

This topic is locked

Style or CSS Switcher to personalize pages (Server Side)

Posted 25 Mar 2011 21:01:57
has voted
25 Mar 2011 21:01:57 mike zuffoletto posted:
I am building a league website with DW. I have created a CMS backend using PHP/MySQL for coaches of each team in the league to login and manage their teams'web page content which will be hosted under the league domain. I would like to add a feature for those specific users (i.e. coaches) to personalize their team's web page by allowing them to select background colors,font colors, and maybe a layout (2Col or 3Col) that would match their team colors. I am setting up several different style sheets that have different color combinations and will be located in the server's root in a css folder. I want that when a coach logs into the control panel or CMS backend to change the look and feel of his team's page(s), his selection will be stored in the database rather than on the client side because I want that only admins can change this on the backend using a form element (Radio button, Link, or Dropdown Menu)and not the site's visitors. Is there a special script, line of code, or extension to help me build this feature? What I want to do is very small scale but similar to what WordPress does with its template/style system. Mike

Reply to this topic