Forums

This topic is locked

Bugs in Nivo Slider

Posted 17 Jun 2011 17:18:04
has voted
17 Jun 2011 17:18:04 Peter Piper posted:
I just purchased the Nivo slider yesterday: I've discovered the following issues with it: 1) When selecting a folder of images to import the path to the folder is partially lost and has to be manually typed in, 2) When selecting individual images there's no way to select more than one image at a time - most dialogs allow multiple file selections, but not in this case, 2) when selecting a layout with thumbs, there's no way to indicate how or where to position the thumbs that I could see - none of the screens in Nivo slider indicate any X Y coordinates, etc to position the thumbs - any layout I created that used thumbs put all the thumbs right on top of the main images, 4) the link that says "online manual" does not work at all. I'm using WIndows Vista on a 64-bit computer and Dreamweaver CS3: Layouts look the same in any brower I used (IE, Chrome, Firefox). Why are these issues appearing? - if there's no way to position thumbs I'd consider this a defective product and will ask for a refund. Please advise, thank you.

Replies

Replied 21 Jun 2011 20:39:51
21 Jun 2011 20:39:51 Marlene Murphy replied:
Additional Bugs:
I just purchased the slider too and cannot seem to get the captions/titles to work properly. Although the unique captions for each of 8 images are in the html code - when the slider displays it carries through the first caption through all of the images.
Replied 28 Jun 2011 02:44:54
28 Jun 2011 02:44:54 Diane Vigil replied:
I'd add a couple of issues:

(1) Nivo Slider does not allow you to specify where you want to save the auxiliary files (CSS and JS files); it just plunks them in the website root. In Dreameaver, you can, of course, drag them elsewhere and DW will update the .html page references to them -- but it leaves the original calls in the head area, so now you have two sets of calls to identical files.

If you cleverly move the Script Library and Styles folders (so that your site root is kept tidy), and you open the page with the Nivo Slider code on it, the Nivo Slider may regenerate the Library and Styles folders in the root AGAIN. Oy.

That said, if you do move the JS/CSS files elsewhere than root, the Slider's image rotation can get a bit jumpy ... displays in the center of a container, then jumps to the left ... also there's a brief flash of a later slide (image) before the rotation starts.

Edited by - Diane Vigil on 28 Jun 2011  02:45:26

Reply to this topic