Forums

This topic is locked

Odd Nivo problem

Posted 31 Aug 2011 00:16:01
has voted
31 Aug 2011 00:16:01 Dennis Meyler posted:
Current Nivo 1.0 and DW CS5.5

When adding a Nivo Slider I get the following start to the javascript script.

<script type="text/javascript"> // <![CDATA[ jQuery(document).ready( function()...

Which of course doesn't work. As such I have to go back and manually change the beginning to:

<script type="text/javascript"> $(window).load(function()...

And then it works.

What am I doing wrong here?

Replies

Replied 15 Sep 2011 16:47:02
15 Sep 2011 16:47:02 Patrick Woldberg replied:
the ready event is fired as soon the dom is ready, the change is big that image are still being loaded.

When no width and height attributes are on the image tags then Nivo Slider can't determine the size of the images.

So the solution is to wait for the whole page with all resources to be loaded or by adding the width and height attributes to your image tags.

The extension should add the image width and height attributes, if not you can add them manually in Dreamweaver.
Replied 08 Jan 2012 20:05:17
08 Jan 2012 20:05:17 Andrew Bunyan replied:
I have noticed that nivo slider renders a drop shadow in Firefox, Chrome and Safari but not in Internet Explorer.
Is there a way to remove the drop shadow?

Thanks
Replied 29 Apr 2013 06:37:14
29 Apr 2013 06:37:14 David Hall replied:
the ready event is fired as soon the dom is ready, the change is big that image are still being loaded. When no width and height attributes are on the image tags then Nivo Slider can't determine the size of the images. So the solution is to wait for the whole page with all resources to be loaded or by adding the width and height attributes to your image tags. The extension should add the image width and height attributes, if not you can add them manually in Dreamweaver.

Reply to this topic