Forums

This topic is locked

internet explorer page refresing

Posted 22 Sep 2011 10:10:09
has voted
22 Sep 2011 10:10:09 shadoiqw kolo posted:
Lately I have been testing a website in multiple browsers/platforms and I have noticed that in Netscape and Safari once you have been to a page you can click back and forth and images, etc. that have already loaded do not need to reload even though I have navigated to another page. In IE, it seems that it doesn't matter how many times I go to a page, it still refreshes the entire page everytime. Is there something I can do to prevent everything from constantly reloading in IE?

Replies

Replied 06 Oct 2011 18:21:14
06 Oct 2011 18:21:14 hicham hisham replied:
can you please post the code !? otherwise we can't help!
Replied 15 Apr 2013 06:54:47
15 Apr 2013 06:54:47 David Hall replied:
Auto IE Refresher is an extension for Internet Explorer that provides you with the possibility to automatically refresh one or more web pages. This can be a useful tool when you frequently need to check a webpage for changes.

In order to use the extension you need to open Internet Explorer after the installation and to enable the extension. The extension adds a new toolbar to the top side of the browser window and on every opened tab. The toolbar enables you to set a time interval for the page to automatically refresh by simply clicking on it and selecting a preset. Auto IE Refresher includes eight preset intervals but also allows you to enter your own preference if the presets are not suitable. You can set different time intervals on every opened tab or window in order to refresh only the web pages that you want to check. If you need to monitor a news website you can set the refresh interval and check the webpage from time to time to see the changes. It is a useful addition to your browser when you are monitoring the stock market or sport information.

Reply to this topic