Forums

This topic is locked

Sending Mail syntax help???

Posted 05 Mar 2001 03:11:08
has voted
05 Mar 2001 03:11:08 Pat Gaudreau posted:
Hello,

I am trying to have an email sent upon submission of a form...I am not using CDO. Instead I am using the AspEmail component from Persits Software. So far it works well, I have been able to submit the form and the mail is sent.
It retreives the email address from the form and also adds an Item Number from the form to the subject.
I am sending the mail as html (which maybe where my probelm lies, but I want to include a dynamic link as well so I need it to be html mail.) Anyhow...
I want to place some of the submitted form values into the body of the mail and I am having a hard time getting this done!
Here's what I have.....

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>&lt;% If Request("Submit" &lt;&gt; "" Then
Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender"
Mail.Host = "mail.auctionrelief.com"
Mail.From = " "
Mail.AddAddress Request("Mail"
Mail.Subject = "YOU'RE THE WINNING BIDDER OF EBAY AUCTION "&Request("Inumber"&" !!!"
Mail.IsHTML = True
Mail.ContentTransferEncoding = "Quoted-Printable"
Mail.Body = "&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;font size=""2""&gt;Congratulations on being the high bidder on the"&Request("Inumber"&"auction.&lt;br&gt;Please reply to this message with your shipping address within 3 days so that your item is ready to ship when payment arrives.&lt;br&gt;&lt;b&gt;&lt;font size=""3""&gt;Your total with domestic shipping is $"&Request("Atotal"&"&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; We will reply with your total if you require foreign shipping after you contact us with your shipping address.&lt;br&gt;&lt;font size=""3""&gt;If you desire insurance, simply add $1.50 to your total. If your choice is not to insure I cannot be responsible for any lost or damaged items. Inurance is not available to international orders&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Please send payment in the form of Money Order ships next business day, Check must clear before shipping, or go to the auction page and use the PAYPAL button below the item description.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;font size=""3""&gt;&lt;b&gt;Mail Payments and make payable to:&lt;br&gt;Play It Again&lt;br&gt;129 W. 4th Street&lt;br&gt;Bethlehem, PA. 18015 Please include item number or description with payment so we know what it is for!&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;b&gt;Payment is expected within 14 days following the close of auction.&lt;br&gt;Include item number and description on all correspondence, or just print this mail and send it along with your payment.&lt;br&gt;Thanks....positive feedback will be left when your item has been shipped!&lt;br&gt;Patrick @ Play It Again&lt;/b&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;When replying please use the reply option on your email client to preserve the subject line in the email.Thank You!!!&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;"
On Error Resume Next
Mail.Send
If Err &lt;&gt; 0 Then
Response.Write "An error occurred: " & Err.Description
End If
Set Mail = Nothing
Response.Redirect("end.asp"
End If
%&gt; </font id=code></pre id=code>

Any help on this would be extremely appreciated...Thank You

Reply to this topic