Forums

This topic is locked

DMXZone Extensions & Dreamweaver Templates

Posted 28 May 2013 21:24:48
have voted
28 May 2013 21:24:48 Peter Rood posted:
Hi Everyone

I love the DMXZone DW extensions, however I find them pretty hard to work with while using Dreamweaver Templates. I like using Dreamweaver templates and I was wondering is there is something I can do that would allow the DMXZone extensions to add their scripts inside the head tag of the page. Even if I define an editable area in the head tag area DMXZone DW extensions are always trying to put the scripts somewhere that it can't.

I always get the dreaded..."Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or a translator. The change will be discarded." warning screen.

I have two work arounds but I don't like them very much.

1. I can manually add the scripts to my master template so they will exist on each page I create in case they are needed.

2. I can detach my page from the DWT and apply the extension. Go to the head tag and copy the scripts that were just created. Undo my "Detach From Template" command and then manually past them in an editable DWT area just above the </head> tag.

If there is an easier way or I am missing something please let me know. I want to make use of these extensions and performing hacks to make things work all the time gets tiresome after a while.

Peter @ Rood's Media

Replies

Replied 29 May 2013 00:42:11
29 May 2013 00:42:11 Peter Rood replied:
I think i have the answer to my own issue.

I simply created an editable area just above the </head> tag called "head"

Seems the DMXZone extensions put all their scripts right into it nicely.

Reply to this topic