Forums

This topic is locked

links to image file when using repeat region

Posted 18 Mar 2001 01:16:40
has voted
18 Mar 2001 01:16:40 Michael Moore posted:
i have an inventory table displayed using repeat region. does anyone have an idea how i could have the individual inventory items linked to an image file?

Replies

Replied 18 Mar 2001 12:22:59
18 Mar 2001 12:22:59 Michael Guntenaar replied:
Yep, in your dbase you set the path to the image (../images/bla.gif) then in your page set the cursor in the cell where you want to have the image click on the insert image button and in the top of the screen select from data source.

Then look for the record set you take the repeat region of and select the image field.

save your work and of you go !!

litle tip: make the image field an excact value like 178 x 178 else it could end up pretty ugly

Replied 18 Mar 2001 13:56:39
18 Mar 2001 13:56:39 Michael Moore replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yep, in your dbase you set the path to the image (../images/bla.gif) then in your page set the cursor in the cell where you want to have the image click on the insert image button and in the top of the screen select from data source.

Then look for the record set you take the repeat region of and select the image field.

litle tip: make the image field an excact value like 178 x 178 else it could end up pretty ugly

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Replied 18 Mar 2001 14:03:24
18 Mar 2001 14:03:24 Michael Moore replied:
[thank you. i didn't explain my goal very well so it left you trying to assume where i was heading. the goal is to have a hyper link field in the table that will allow a user to click on it if they wanted to access a picture of the item. for instance look at this line the first line is the header

itemID pic description QtyOnHand AddOne
341 gif? brochure 130 link

how can i have a link in the pic field which would take them to the gif, preferably opening a new browser window. thanks very much, michael moore
]

Replied 18 Mar 2001 14:39:54
18 Mar 2001 14:39:54 Michael Guntenaar replied:
I made an example for ya you can vieuw it here

webdev.devour.org/escmoore/

I will zip it for ya and post the link within a few secs

Replied 18 Mar 2001 14:49:36
18 Mar 2001 14:49:36 Michael Moore replied:
[thank you,i should be able to put it together from that. is that you in the pic? i am in St Paul, Minnesota, USA]
I made an example for ya you can vieuw it here

webdev.devour.org/escmoore/

I will zip it for ya and post the link within a few secs

Replied 18 Mar 2001 14:56:15
18 Mar 2001 14:56:15 Michael Guntenaar replied:
Yeps its me in th epic needed something to test lol

www.guntenaar.nl/udzone.zip

just download it and call you DSN escmoore

and off you go

good luck

Reply to this topic