Forums

This topic is locked

layers

Posted 19 Mar 2001 23:04:38
has voted
19 Mar 2001 23:04:38 leon mol posted:
hi!
I'm just getting started with dreamweaver and run into a little problem:
when I use layers the position in dreamweaver is diffrent than outside dreamweaver,how come???
greetz.bronze

Replies

Replied 20 Mar 2001 10:17:51
20 Mar 2001 10:17:51 Waldo Smeets replied:
I Bronze,

this has got something to do with the page properties. Are you using the layers in pages that are in frames or not?
What you need to do is open the page properties inspector (Modify > Page Properties) and set Left Margin, Top Margin, Margin Width and Margin height to 0. I think that will solve your problem.

Good luck.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Ultradev and Fireworks recourse site for developers
by developers.
Replied 21 Mar 2001 16:04:41
21 Mar 2001 16:04:41 leon mol replied:
yep.I used frames,but even when I set all the margins to 0 it still isn't correct.
I think I'm gonna buy a book about using layers in dreamweaver,and I also have a lot to learn about css so it's woth buying a new book.
thanx for your reply.
greetz.bronze

Replied 21 Mar 2001 16:07:59
21 Mar 2001 16:07:59 Waldo Smeets replied:
It defenitely is. Dreamweaver is only just a tool, knowledge of what you are doing is almost a must when you are making more advanced websites.
Also be aware that with these things the differences between the browsers also is very important.

Good luck!

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Ultradev and Fireworks recourse site for developers
by developers.

Reply to this topic