Forums

This topic is locked

Toolbox for extensio developper

Posted 25 Aug 2001 12:37:08
has voted
25 Aug 2001 12:37:08 Bruno Mairlot posted:
Hi all,

What about a sort of Toolbox for extension developper that would contain a serie of mini-tutorial, mostly tips and tricks for extension developper.

I'm asking this following a discussion with Tim, about the fact that when I develop extension I losed time to package/install any time I change something to the code.

Tim told me that if I set up my site to point to the DW configuration directory I wouldn't need anymore to package/install any more. What a useful trick, but how would I have known that it was possible ?

Another example is the mmparameterlist of Macromedia that isn't documented anywhere...

Everytime you find something useful or that something is being discussed on the talkzone, it could be part of it.

Bruno

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi

Replies

Replied 29 Aug 2001 01:33:46
29 Aug 2001 01:33:46 Waldo Smeets replied:
Bruno,

it is up to developers like you and me to collect these data. We have a special FAQs section for Extension Developers. Feel free to post any tips and tricks there (you can do this by clicking the Add New button in the correct section when you are logged in).

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>
Replied 26 Aug 2008 04:04:25
26 Aug 2008 04:04:25 sleep ilya1113 replied:
So it's taken me months to figure this out, but here's my awesome program:

Javascript:
&lt;SCRIPT language="javascript" src="../Shared/MM/Scripts/Class/GridControlClass.js"&gt;

//---------------------------
function LoadList()
{
var GridList = new GridControl("ParamList";
var testlist = new Array(1);
testlist[0]= new Array(1);
testlist[1] = new Array(1);
testlist[0][0] = "hello 00";
testlist[0][1] = "hello 01";
testlist[1][0] = "hello 10";
testlist[1][1] = "hello 11";
GridList.setContents(testlist);
//GridList.append('Hello,hi');
}
&lt;/script&gt;

HTML code:

&lt;select type="mmparameterlist" name="ParamList" columns="URLs,Report Name "style="width:400px" size="6" &gt;
&lt;/select&gt;

Take that Dreamweaver/Adobe...your documenatation is awesome except for this one really cool tool!

Replied 10 Sep 2008 21:33:57
10 Sep 2008 21:33:57 Ash Mario replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi all,

What about a sort of Toolbox for extension developper that would contain a serie of mini-tutorial, mostly tips and tricks for extension developper.

I'm asking this following a discussion with Tim, about the fact that when I develop extension I losed time to package/install any time I change something to the code.

Tim told me that if I set up my site to point to the DW configuration directory I wouldn't need anymore to package/install any more. What a useful trick, but how would I have known that it was possible ?

Another example is the mmparameterlist of Macromedia that isn't documented anywhere...

Everytime you find something useful or that something is being discussed on the talkzone, it could be part of it.

Bruno

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic