Forums

This topic is locked

Client wants to upload images and create picture gallery himself. Need front end software.

Posted 18 Nov 2009 10:10:51
has voted
18 Nov 2009 10:10:51 Aaron Cauchi posted:
I have a client who would be able to upload images himself and with the same images create a picture gallery where each photo will have comments from his end.

What is the best software to use for such purposes.

I presume one needs two types, one for uploading images and the other to insert the image and text for display online. With regards to image resizing and resolution client will be using PIXresizer which is freeware and simple to use.

Thanks for any support

Replies

Replied 19 Nov 2009 19:30:34
19 Nov 2009 19:30:34 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Aaron,

Since you posted on the DMXzone website, I hope you had a look at the DMXzone extensions. Depending on the programming language you want to use, you can use Pure ASP Upload 3 or Pure PHP Upload 2 to upload the images. It is also possible to get the Advanced Multi Uploader.
If you'd like to do automatic resizing (or other functions) while uploading, the Smart Image Procesor ASP 2 or Smart Image Procesor PHP 2 would be a great help. For presenting the images in a Gallery, DMXzone has several options: Animated Thumbnail Gallery or CSS Image Gallery combined with DMXzone Lightbox.

Good luck with your website.

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic